Wednesday 8 July 2015

Reflection 2

Creativity, Communication and Collaborative Practice
UoS Intensive Workshop · Day 2

At first, we were informed about the student groups which we have to stick with for the rest of three weeks. I would say this news actually affected the beautiful morning of ours because... we actually have our ideal group members and comfortable to work with.

Well, in fact we accepted the truth because we all understand that this is part of lives, it is a good process for us to grow and learn how to deal with life.


What did I do:
Today I have learnt quite a lot from Mr Mark, the knowledge is about the Graphic Design typography. This was really new to me as I did not really analyse and read about the type fonts which I've been using in computer typing for yearssssssssss (it's a must to emphasize =P) Once I saw the type font of "Helvetica" on screen, I felt so exciting because it is my favourite type font to use in blogger! *Can you see that now I'm using typography to express myself?*
Typography as expression and narrative or image.
The second session was Mr Johny's time, he has taught us about storyboarding. Storyboard ain't something new to me because I've learnt this during Diploma in TARUC. Anyway, Mr Johny's sharing was not the same as what I have learnt. I enjoyed his humorous way of teaching especially when he demonstrated how he actually got the idea to start storyboarding. It seemed like he is always having the creative mind, every small matter seemed can be an inspiration for him. I've never seen anyone who is able to come out a storyline and then finish a five-frames storyboard, just within few minutes time. That was really amazing! At the end of the session, my sub-group which had three members, we completed our five-frames storyboard as well. I swear this was my fastest progress to draw a storyboard compared to my past experiences.
We don't tell you, we show you.
Next we had Mr Robin with us, teaching us about story telling. Controlling idea (theme) of the story was fresh to me even though I knew about generating idea and theme but I did not learn how to control them.


Tried our best to finish in time...

What was good:
The humorous way and two-way communication (interaction between tutors and students) was the thing I like the most. To learn and study in a relaxing environment never bored me out. And seriously thanks for the chance that our storyboard had the time to be checked by Mr Johny and he gave his feedbacks so that we know how to improve among ourselves.
Aside from that, I felt glad to have learning session with Mr Robin. It's like FINALLY!!!!! I admitted that I'm more into broadcasting field and always eager to learn more about the industry, although the time to learn more from Mr Robin was really short.

What was bad:
There was nothing went bad actually. What I would say was the incident that made me a little bit down. First thing is about the student group, what I expected was group-up with different people so that I can deal and learn different things from different people. However, my group members are the same as yesterday's. No worry, it's still good to be with them, they are really talented. Secondly, we had not much time to learn and reflect ourselves, what I mean is we both tutors and students have to be hurry in sharing our ideas. That was bad because as a student we did not really have time to ask for more information and to gain more knowledge from the professional tutors.

What would I do differently if I had the time over:
I would probably improve our storyboard in term of producing a good storyline. I found that I easily got lose on half-way thinking about the story, I easily complicate simple thing. The storyline that we worked on together was satisfying but I think I could amend a little bit to make the story impact stronger, as I always wanted to produce something meaningful and convey the moral values to audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment