Monday 6 July 2015

Reflection 1

Creativity, Communication and Collaborative Practice
UoS Intensive Workshop · Day 1

It has been awhile we met Mr Johny Byrne and we do miss Mr Roy, Mr Danny as well as Mr Peter.

We are actually excited to welcome Mr Johny for visiting us again and of course we open our arms for the other lecturers too.


Describe what I did:
At first, Mr Mark has asked my group to draw a simple graphic in defining Graphic Design. The first thought that came in my mind is creativity, thus I drew a light bulb with the quote of "creation of creativity" to represent what Graphic Design means to me.
After that, we were given task to design a poster about five interesting things in Salford of Manchester based on the research that we have done.
There were four members in my sub-group including myself.
The five key words that we have chosen are Food, Sports, Entertainment, Manufacture and Architecture.
At the end of today's workshop, all of us have presented our posters in front of the hall.


The messy poster.

What went well:
That was really glad to meet foreign lecturers because the teaching and learning styles of UoS are really different from what I experienced in TARUC. I enjoy learning from people who are encouraging.
Besides that, I feel happy to meet new friends again. Even though we might have met each other before but we did not really interact with each other. Meanwhile, I felt even happier to gather with the "old-friends".


Sub-group members.

What went less well:
At first we have been told to divide among ourselves into four different groups and after that we were divided again into sub-groups. It is quite upsetting because we have grouped ourselves before the workshop started since we thought this is necessary for our final presentation.
On the other hand, I was disappointed at myself because I didn't do any research in the given two weeks time. I believed that this was the reason causing my bad performance during presentation.

What would I do differently:
I would squeeze my time to do research for more detailed information about Salford of Manchester. I believed that by obtaining more materials, I would present the poster better and more confidently as the quote says "Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance".

No comments:

Post a Comment