Monday 10 August 2015

Multi Camera Production

How should I express my feelings into words?

My position was the scriptwriter.
I actually wanted to try many other positions but I knew, this time I had to put down myself.
For a team of twenty, this number was a lot.
I saw a lot of them really wanted to learn, which I had not seen them being such eager and passionate before.
Being a scriptwriter did not mean that I could not help in other aspects, thus it wasn't a matter for me even though I really really wished to participate more during production.

For a large group of crews, we all knew that there must be conflict or problem.
Luckily, ultimately we all managed to settle and let go the anger among us.

To talk about pre-production, I could see we were the only class who struggled.
The TV Programme was chose because this proposal got a very good feedback and we could see how much the lecturer hoped we make it.

Make A Wish, a platform for audiences to express their feelings to certain people.
The purpose is to help the audiences improve their relationships with one another.

Since we thought that we must come out with a whole new backdrop for our mock-live TV programme, hence we made it.
The process ain't easy, it really needed efforts.
No matter art department or non-department, for those who contributed, I really appreciated.
We stayed back at campus until late night, we stayed up the nights, just to contribute our best, to make things right.

Here it came the day, 8/8/2015.
Our heart-warming DA Violin had prepared us the egg-mayo breakfast.
The thoughtful FM Chia Rong bought some no cheese breads for Director Ant.
We tried to wake and calm each other in the cold early morning.
From the time we stepped in mini studio, I saw everyone's seriousness.
That was the time I was sure, M3RBC2' 2015, we could make it!

A short sharing session or kinda post-mortem session was carried out after we've done the recording.
Comments were given out by the lecturer.
Surprisingly, there were numbers of us in tears.
I was touched, and impressed.
Words were not enough.
As what Ant said "Feelings are the answer".

Can we all stop counting down how much days till the day we graduate?
=')

To Ivan (producer): You really suit this position and you have much more experiences than everyone of us. You are an observant, you always realised and foresaw the problem that we did not consider of. You just need learn how and when to stand out.Remember what Mr Kamarul told you? Know your role, you had the authority to give comment and even give advices to the crew.

To Siao Mun (PM): The dispassionate PM I've ever worked with, who observed during works and immediately gave us your hands whenever we needed help. Thank you for helping when I was nervous during production, seriously your steadiness did calm me at the time.

To Chee Ant (director): Stop blaming yourself, you were doing good, you did your best. I know there were so much stress from you yourself because you are a perfectionist, and probably the lecturer had her expectation too. It was everyone's first time., didn't you teach me, everyone makes mistakes in life but the most importantly, at least we must try our best, and then learnt from the mistakes we made. Be more confident in handling such position, you have improved a lot and I know surely you will never stop developing yourself.

To Violin (AD): The emotional girl who tried very best in self-improving and braved to challenge yourself. What makes me admire you is your ready to help attitude. Even though you knew you had not much strength in skills, but your helpful hands and enthusiasm did help us a lot. I know you are a person who mostly cannot survive without sleep, but this semester you sacrificed a lot, including this time. You frequently pekcek or panicked because you over worried on things sometimes. Learn to be calm, you are a learning model of mine. Undoubtedly, this time you did a very great job.

To Yee Mei (switcher): Everyone knows how crazy you can be played around and how serious you are when come to learning and group performing, although at first you were very blur to handle the MCP but on the actual day, you did it well. Once again you showed us, practices make perfect.

To Chia Rong (FM): My pleasure to assist you. I must admit that at the very beginning I doubted about your ability in taking this position because you always showed us the playful side of yours. Indeed, you proved I was wrong, and you are amazing. You took care of others, being the clown to make people happy, most of the time you sacrificed yourself, without questioning who really cares about you. Step by step, I saw you asked for direction, you put efforts for our production and eventually, you had completed your mission perfectly. Thank you for guiding and tolerating me, you are one of my inspirations.

To DOP:
First and foremost, Tevia, a strong girl and a sentimental girl as well. Efficient and conscious partner and supportive friend you are. A perfectionist when talking about cinematography or overall, art sense, who paid much efforts in pre-production, and also production, especially in helping the other two DOP.
Second DOP, Sin Huei. I was shocked when I knew that you were taking this position because you did not seem having interest and ability in cinematography. Anyway, everyone worth a try. I would say you should try to sort things out whenever there's trouble, be more independent and think of solution first instead of kept looking for help or answer. Still a good job you had done.
Third DOP, Carmen, a girl who wants to improve yourself all f the time, this is good, but at the same time it is kinda selfish act because you only cared about your performance. The lecturer said she originally doubted your ability but I did not, I know you are good in cinematography and being a DOP is your dream. However, your blurriness or I should say your "no sense" manner had caused trouble to the others, it made people suffered so much to communicate with you and indirectly dropped the efficiency of works.

To lighting:
Yee Ping, confident and know what should be done and what shouldn't. You are really excellent in arts, thank you for helping in doing the backdrop. I did not work with you before so I didn't know your greatest strength and weakness. Though I thought that you had not experienced in controlling lighting but I was wrong, you did it pretty well.
Melissa, my close friend who easily blurs, I know you wanted to be sound-person at first but ended up you gave out the position. I was wondering when you told me you could try lighting because you too did not seem like a person who has much knowledge about lighting control. Still, you did it, amazingly. Proud to see your improvements.

To sound-person:
Steffi, I know that you wanted to try something different and you are more attracted by sound industry, it was a good chance for you to understand more about sound system. No doubt, from the beginning until the end, your efforts paid off.
Samuel, everyone knows you always put your earphones on. Actually not that people dislike you or often ignore you, but it is difficult for us to talk to you sometimes because you have your own style your strong personality. The same advice to you, be more conscious, be more helpful will definitely benefit you in future.

To Lovell (talent coordinator): Formerly I was quite angry because I thought you didn't do your responsibility in finding the talents we wanted, and you sounded blaming us. Yet fortunately, you did good in making-up the talents. The moment I said thank you, I really meant it.

To art department:
First of all, Weng Sheng, the talent of the day as well. I know how you wished to make all these happened. Lots of efforts could be seen, and we all really appreciate very much. What I want to tell is please trust your team, let us be sometimes. The reason you came to studio so early was your worries, you scared we would ruin it right? Even we got you out but you still, we caught you silently observed us at the staircases. Being too responsible sia. Anyway, thank you and your mom for being the talents, this really solved our trouble and of course the confession was a touching moment for everyone of us.
Daniel aka the host, improved a lot but concurrently, improvement needed. Your condition was much more better than last time, but remember, must make better in time management. You are the type who needs sleep to do thing. Thanks for cooperating well with us.
Kim Liang, a humorous classmate sometimes, always made the situation fun even we were working. Last time I thought that you would be blur or playful but nope at all, you did fantastic job, you helped us a lot. From backdrop to designing video tapes (Chee Ant did it too), I saw your hard-works.
Hooi Min and Khristina, both share the similarities in personality and attitude in works, alert girls when came to people's discrimination. This time I was surprised because you two showed up yourselves and really did something. From measuring, drawing, colouring and preparing props, proud to say both of you did well, keep it up.

To Jasslyn (me the scriptwriter): Lost. I am now still wondering is a scriptwriter really important? I don't think anyone of them think so, since I did not felt appreciated by most of them. What a sorrow for me. Maybe I was just looking for recognition. I know, the comment from lecturer "the script is beautifully done" was a comfort. Thank you people who supported me and assisted me, especially Violin and Daniel. Overall, I actually still feel that I contributed nothing aside from my absolute team spirit.

Anyhow, it's a wrap!
Thank you for everyone who made this a grateful and unforgettable memory!
Let's cherish the time we have and making more and more tears of joys.
Finally, the objectives of this TV programme have been reached, that is bring all of us as one successfully.

I remember the Dominos Pizza of the first night.
I remember the Mamak foods of the second night.
I remember the egg-mayo and cherry tomatoes in the early morning.
I remember the KFC lunch after recording.

一起哭,一起笑。
一起熬夜,一起留校。
这些妙日子,还剩下多少。

We are a bunch of crazy dreams pursuers!
Make A Wish, we can be succeed.

#Broadcasting #Broadcasters #MassCommunication  #BroadcastCommunication
#FriendsLove #friends #friendships
#classmates #M3RBC2 #UniversityCollegeLife
#assignment #MultiCameraProduction #MockLiveTVProgramme #MakeAWish
#就是这一班

No comments:

Post a Comment